Ride on an adventure crossing the vast terrains from Estancia La Maipú to Argentina’s trekking capital, El Chaltén. Few horseback riding adventures in the world can offer an experience as raw and challenging as those once lived by Patagonian pioneers.
For three days and two nights, you will ride 50km on sometimes unchartered territory, with views over the San Martin and Viedma glacial lakes and the spires of Monte Fitz Roy. During the night, you will enjoy meals over a campfire and sleep under the stars or inside a tent.
Some things you should know about this adventure:
- This ride is offered as a separate program for lovers of horseback riding.
- The experience requires special logistics, with pilcheros (packhorses), sometimes crossing through difficult places.
- Meals are prepared over a campfire.
- At night you will sleep under the stars or in a tent.
- The ride is highly demanding.
- The horses are Criolle.
- You can help prepare your horse with the guide, with cangalla
- Riders have a weight limit of 95 kg.
- A bilingual guide that speaks English and Spanish will accompany you on the journey.
- This experience must be reserved months in advance.